Blogger Layouts

Wednesday 27 August 2014

~* Low Fat Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs*~

If you are looking for a quick and healthy meal to serve to your family, friends, or even to yourself, then this is it.
 
This is the first time I attempted to cook this, and was inspired by a) my craving for pasta that day b) the items I had found in the bargain section of my local supermarket the day before and c) Pinterest.
 
 
I was really pleased with the outcome, especially because, since no red meat was involved, this was a pretty guilt-free dish and the taste was not compromised with the ingredients which were used.
 
I hope you enjoy these meatballs as much as I did :)
 
INGREDIENTS
 
  • 250g of minced Turkey meat
  • 1 ball of Mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic (I am a garlic lover, so I used 5 cloves...hehe), chopped into very small pieces
  • A small bunch of basil, chopped
  • A small bunch of chives, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • Salt and pepper to season
RECIPE
1. Pre-heat oven (gas mark 6).

2. Put the minced Turkey, diced red onion, garlic, basil, chives and egg into a bowl. Mix together using your hands, ensuring all of the ingredients are blended together.



3. Form the mixture into small meatballs.
 
4. Make a hole in each meatball with your finger and place a Mozzarella cube in the hole. Mould the meatballs around the Mozzarella cube.
 
 

5. Place the meatballs on a baking tray (with baking sheet, lightly greased with olive oil) and put into the pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
 

6. Serve and enjoy! The meatballs can be served with or without a pasta sauce - it is completely up to you.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment