Blogger Layouts

Monday 4 June 2012

~* Japanese Style Potato Salad*~

Yesterday, I decided to make Japanese-style potato salad to use up some organic potatoes which I got in the bargain ("Whoopsies!") section - 60p for a bag!!

The ingredients I used were very simple - potatoes, 1 carrot and sausage (as you can see in the photo, I used Mattersson's "horse-shoe" sausage). Later on in the process, I added a few bits of cucumber as well.


Ingredients for potato salad
I also used Japanese mayonnaise which my dad brought back from Japan - I know this is available in most good Asian supermarkets in the UK, but it is soooo expensive!! But it is really tasty! You can use whatever mayonnaise you want - it doesn't have to be Japanese.
Japanese mayonnaise

Once the potatoes and carrot were prepped, cooked and cooled (sausage can be served as is, but chopped ;) ), I put them in a bowl, mixed them with Japanese mayonnaise and seasoned to taste with basic salt and pepper. I also added a bit of sugar to sweeten the mixture up a bit.

For Japanese-style potato salad, the potatoes are broken up so they appear mashed - but not completely mashed, just broken up!

Potato salad mixture

And here is the finished result....I added some cherry tomatoes and a couple of hot dog octupus for decoration.


TA-DAAAA!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment