Blogger Layouts

Sunday 3 June 2012

~*Longanisa!!*~




Supermarket Longanisa

Yey, my first post!!

So...a few weeks ago, as a "Pay Day Treat" to myself, I bought some frozen Filipino Chicken Longanisa (sweet sausages) from the local Asian supermarket. I had never had shop-bought Longanisa before, but since I love home-cooked Longanisa (my mum is an amazing cook!!), I thought I would give it a shot to see what they were like. And they were delicious!! Really tasty and just as lovely as my mum's...HOWEVER, at £4.50 for 6 Longanisas, they did not come cheap. So I thought, "why not cook them myself?", and after finding a good recipe, that is exactly what I did. For around the same price for all of the ingredients, I managed to make 18 Longanisas and I have to admit, I was proud of them :)


To make home-made Filipino Longanisa, I mixed a normal sized pack of ground pork (about 2lbs) with garlic powder, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. I then moulded them into typical Longanisa shapes (small, sausage-shape) and shallow fried them without oil. Very simple, and very tasty :) I served this with white rice,a fuss-free salad and a hard boiled egg. Yum!!





No comments:

Post a Comment